THE ACADEMIC PROGRAMME OF THE INSTITUTION MAINLY CONSISTS OF SECTIONS ‘A & B’ EXAMINATIONS, POPULARLY KNOWN AS THE AMIE EXAMINATION.
SECTION A & B EXAMINATION
As notified by the Government of India, passing of Sections A & B Examination of the Institution is equivalent to a degree in engineering in the respective discipline. The qualification is accepted by the central academic organizations, e.g. IITs and also by central recruitment agencies, e.g. UPSC.
These examinations are mainly opted by:
- The diploma engineers for their career advancement
- The engineering graduates in a particular discipline, who want to obtain engineering degree qualification in some other discipline for career advancement.
SECTIONS A AND B EXAMINATION CONSIST OF:
- Section A (NON-Diploma): Applicable for Technician Members of IEI only
- Section A (Diploma): Applicable for Senior Technician Members of IEI only
- Section B:
- The Technician and Senior Technician Members of IEI who have completed Section-A or exempted from Section-A in their respective Scheme are eligible to appear in Section B Examination.
- The Corporate Members of IEI (FIE / MIE / AMIE) may also appear in Section B examination after registration in Section B directly in any discipline after Section-B registration provided that member has not completed section B examination of IEI or Graduate degree in engineering in the same discipline earlier.