Telangana State, earlier known as Hyderabad State, was ruled by Nizams from 1724 to 1948 and became one of the States of Indian Republic in Septemebr 1948. Hyderabad State was having four divisions and (16) districts. The annual session (later known as Indian Engineering Congress) during 1938 was organized at Hyderabad by the engineering fraternity, under the patronage of the Government. Impressed by the arrangements, the Council Members suggested to request the Council to grant a Centre at Hyderabad. The Council of IEI granted as a special case and established Hyderabad State Centre of IEI in 1938. The Centre with Er. Hasan Latif, the Chief Engineer and Secretary to Government as the Founder Chairman and Er Dildar Hussain as the Founder Hon.Secretary was inaugurated on 15th November, 1938 by the President of Nizam’s Executive Council.